SafeShield® is term insurance available with 15, 20 or 30 year initial term periods. SafeShield® Plus is available with a 20 or 30 year initial term period and returns 50% of all base policy premiums paid to date at the end of the initial term. After the initial term period, SafeShield® and SafeShield® Plus may be renewed at annual guaranteed renewable premiums to age 95. Policies are available in face amounts from $25,000 to $250,000.
The following riders are available:
- The Unemployment Premium Waiver is automatically included with the policy at no additional premium, where allowed by state. The rider waives premiums for the base policy and all riders in the insured becomes unemployed after the second policy year and collects unemployment benefits for at least four consecutive weeks. The lifetime benefit under the rider is six months.
- The Living Benefit Riders allow for acceleration of up to 95% of the base policy death benefit when the insured suffers a terminal illness, covered critical illness or chronic illness.* The riders may be added to SafeShield® Non Return of Premium plans at no additional premium.
- The Accelerated Death Benefit Rider allows the policyowner to receive a 50% advance on the base policy death benefit if the insured is diagnosed with a terminal condition and a life expectancy of 12 months or less.* This rider may be added to a SafeShield® Plus Return of Premium plan at no additional premium.
- The Accidental Death Benefit Rider pays an additional benefit for accidental death occurring while the rider is in effect. The maximum accidental death benefit available is $250,000 for all policies combined.
- The Children's Insurance Rider provides level term insurance on a child, grandchild or great grandchild of the insured. Up to 20 riders may be attached to a policy. Coverage may be converted to permanent insurance at ages 22 to 25 without evidence of insurability.
- The Guaranteed Purchase Option provides an opportunity to increase coverage on an option date without evidence of insurability.
- The Waiver of Premium - Disability Rider waives premium payments after six months of total and continuous disability occurring while the rider is in effect.
*Receipt of accelerated benefits may affect eligibility for public assistance programs and may be taxable.
Interested in learning more? Contact us!
This describes Policy/Rider Form Nos. 1F604-CL, 1F605-CL, 1F606-CL, 1H841-CL, 1H906-CL, 1H907-CL, 1H908-CL, 1H915-CL, 1H916-CL, 1H931-CL and 1H932-CL or state variation. Policy/Rider specifications and availability may vary by state.